Saturday, April 2, 2011

An Evening in Le Havre

On deck tonight was the wonderful board game, Le Havre, from Uwe Rosenberg and published by Lookout Games. JD came over a little after 6 PM with Harley in tow. Alex and Liam entertained Harley while his father proceeded to school me in the fine art of constructing buildings and shipping goods.

As the first player, I managed to get the Marketplace built early, as well as, some other buildings. It looked promising, but I overlooked feeding my people, and the loans started to add up and interest began to accrue. 

(I easily paid twice the amount I lost the game by in interest alone.)

In the end, after three hours, JD prevailed 231 to 224. A couple of play errors in the last round sealed the win for the Taterman. (Important tip: when your opponent has 3 Steel and plenty of Coke, don't leave the Wharf and allow him to build a 38 point Luxury Liner.)

I highly recommend checking out Le Havre at www.boardgamegeek.com. If you like what you see, and enjoy resource management type games, visit your local game store and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment